The History of San Francisco Law School
San Francisco Law School rose from the rubble of the 1906 earthquake and fire to establish itself as the first evening law school in the western United States. Incorporated in 1909, San Francisco Law School became a non-profit institution in 1941 and has been housed in its present campus at 20 Haight Street since 1968.
Throughout its history, San Francisco Law School has provided a quality legal education for a successful career in the legal profession.
Over the years, graduates of San Francisco Law School have achieved impressive success. Outstanding alumni include former California State Governor, the late Edmund (Pat) Brown, former Lt. Governor Leo McCarthy, former Undersecretary of the United States Department of Energy, Joseph Salgado, past President of the California State Bar and Alliant Board member, P. Terry Anderlini, past President of the National Bar Association, Thomas Broome and former State Senator, Milton Marks.
San Francisco Law School is also proud of its graduates in the judiciary including the Hon. Victor Campilango, Merle Eaton, Eugene Krum, Betty Lamoreaux, Philip Moscone, Bonnie Sabraw, Lynn O'Malley Taylor and Marilyn Pestarino Zecher.
In addition, San Francisco Law School's graduates are renowned California attorneys and have distinguished themselves in public service as district attorneys and public defenders.