Institute for Behavior Assessment and Research: IBAR
The Institute for Behavior Assessment and Research (IBAR) is a research institute affiliated with the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University, whose mission is to provide a resource for faculty, clinicians, students and the community to create research that is meaningful and culturally responsible.
The IBAR Database includes clinical and demographic data on over 4,000 test subjects and continues to grow in size, representing a repository of psychological, demographics, and psychosocial data that can be used by students, faculty, clinicians, and the communities for approved research. Researchers may apply to enter data into the database for analysis, or use existing data for research. IBAR's database can hold any form of objective data, and has the capacity to expand to hold data sets of any size. Data in the database are anonymous, i.e., all personal identifiers are removed. The database meets the standards of confidentiality of the American Psychological Association, is encrypted to meet HIPAA standards, and is HTTPS compliant.
IBAR offers many services to faculty, clinicians, researchers and students. These include a Research Registry that can enhance collaboration by encouraging the sharing of information about research, consultation on publication, and training on various aspects of assessment and research on human behavior.
To apply to use the database for research, download the Preliminary Research Application or Research Application:
IBAR Data Specifications
IBAR Demographic Data Includes:
- Marital Status
- Sexual Orientation (in some studies, with consent)
- Living Situation
- Economic Level
- Work Setting
- Ethnic/Racial (single or multi)
- Drug or Alcohol Use
- Medical History
- Stress History
- Security and Ethical Standards - all data are stored and transmitted and in accordance with HIPPA guidelines. IBAR data are maintained in accordance with the APA guidelines for research and confidentiality.
- Shapiro Control Inventory™
- Interpersonal Styles Index™
- Rorschach Inkblot Test™
- Thematic Apperception Test™
Data Can Be Delivered Via:
IBAR Data Analysis Services
- IBAR has research design and statistical consultants who are available to create research designs and to analyze data.
- IBAR can output raw data in an Excel spreadsheet.
- IBAR can output analyzed data in an Excel spreadsheet.